The Persecuted Church
Joe and Jimmy are back in the cigar shop and are joined by Stephen Kopalchick. Stephen is a member of Redeemer Fellowship, the Director of Global Distribution at Crossway Publishers, and the founder of The St. Charles Institute. The guys had Stephen on to discuss a passion of his, raising awareness about the persecuted church. What is persecution? What areas are hot today? How can American Christians and churches begin to think more deeply about and get involved in this issue? Be sure to read the article we referenced on the Chinese church and their public statement amidst severe persecution.
For more information on the persecuted church you can check out the following resources suggested by Stephen.
• Voice of the Martyrs - Voice of the Martyrs is dedicated to serving our persecuted family worldwide through practical and spiritual assistance and leading other members of the body of Christ into fellowship with them.
• Open Doors USA - Open Doors equips persecuted Christians in more than 60 countries through programs like Bible & Gospel Development, Women & Children Advancement and Christian Community Restoration.
• Christian Solidarity Worldwide - CSW's team of specialist advocates work on over 20 countries across Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East, to ensure that the right to freedom of religion or belief is upheld and protected. Their vision is a world free from religious persecution, where everyone can practice a religion or belief of their choice.
• Coptic Orphans - Coptic Orphans works to improve the lives of children in Egypt, relying on a network of over 450 Church-based volunteers on the ground, as well as partnerships with local organizations. Their mission is to unlock the God-given potential of the most vulnerable children in Egypt through the power of education.
• China Aid - Over the past 15 years, ChinaAid's mission has evolved to one of exposing human rights abuses and promoting truth, justice and freedom by advocating for religious freedom and the rule of law in China.
• Middle East Concern - MEC (Middle East Concern) supports people in the Middle East and North Africa who are marginalized, discriminated against or persecuted for being or becoming Christians.
Missional Wear is sponsoring today’s episode, and we are excited to tell you about their newest project. You know Missional Wear: christian tees, mugs, prints, and more, all reflecting good theology. But now they are producing amazing statue-busts of some of the great theologians.
Head over to Kickstarter to get in on the project!